Search This Blog

Welcome to Quarry Hill's Blog!

Quarry Hill Creative Center in Rochester, VT, founded 1946 by Barbara and Irving Fiske, is Vermont's oldest alternative community and at one time was probably also its largest. In the 60s -80s, as many as 90 people lived here.
It was and is visited each year, often in summer (but in every season, really) by visitors from all over the world.
We welcome interesting and creative people who are peaceful, bring no weapons, don't believe in hitting children or killing animals, and enjoy the beauty of Vermont and of themselves.

Most of us do not adhere to any particular dogma or religion, though many do find Eastern philosophy closest to our own thought (some of us are also members of the Quakers/Society of Friends).
We value the individual, particularly people who are energetic and have a sense of humor.
Visitors are welcome-- and prospective residents, too. There are some places for rent, others for sale. If interested, get in touch!
And, please follow the Blog and comment whenever you like!

"The symbol is the enemy of the reality, and the reality is ever one's true guide, true friend, true companion, and true self." Irving Fiske, 1908-1990

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Ellias Lonsdale (Joya's father)

http://www.stargenesiswisdom.com/home.html Wllliam Lonsdale (Ellias') page, Star Wisdom, all about astrology and his vision of the Universe and our existence in and beyond this life. In 1969, Ellias, with some other young people, and I, were in a rather odd and unusual (and nasty) commune, something like Manson's but with no killing, and Ellias I found to be one of the least difficult men in it-- for men there were judged by their ability to "control' women. In that atmosphere, he was kind to me. When I left the commune, and broke up eventually with my boyfriend-- the man I had followed into the commune because I loved him beyond words-- Irving suggested we send a plane ticket to Ellias (then Bill, or Saggitaurus) to come to Vermont. There I told him I had sensed a Being wanting to be born and "knocking on Heaven's Door" (from the other side). It was true. I had never had such a strong sense of needing to help someone create a body so they could come into the world to live a particular life. Of course, it might simply have been 20-year-old longing to have a baby-- teen mother syndrome, essentially. But Joya was and is so special, I really don't care. After much thought, Ellias agreed to father a child but said he could not promise he would stick around and be the father. Of course, I hoped he would. Joya was born on Aug. 3, 1971 at 10:54 a.m in Hanover, NH. Ellias and I could not agree on a name for her, but then his lover, Tannen, with whom he was then living in the upper meadow, suggested the name "Joya" or "Gioia." I had been reading a baby name book and when he came to suggest this name to me, I said in great surprise, "That's what I've been wanting to name the baby all night!" So we did. Joya Allegra. In the end, Ellias left with Tannen, with whom he had two daughters. One of them, Corin, became very close to us at Quarry Hill and almost like a daughter to my husband Brion and me. I don't see Audette as often, but I love her very much. Strange are the ways of nature... Ellias, who lives in Hawai'i, now has four more children with a woman named Luminara who is about Joya's age... a year older, I think. From there he does astrology readings and spiritual guidance, while writing books and exploring the mystical development he believes very important to us all. To me, we are already in an awakened and aware state, if we only realize it -- but I have always enjoyed Ellias' thoughts and despite the sorrow when he left JOya and me (she was six weeks old) I think of him as a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment